How to Apply for a Bed
How to Apply for a Bed
You can apply for a bed in one of two ways:
- As a Bed Recipient: To qualify as a bed recipient, you must be the legal guardian of the child or children receiving the bed. Please click on the ‘Apply for a Bed’ button below and
complete the application form. Your application will be forwarded to your local chapter and you will be contacted by phone or email regarding the acceptance of your application and a delivery date.
- As a Referral: Referring a family for a bed is a big responsibility. Generally, it is through referrals that we find the families who need our beds the most. If you are a referral agency or person, please fill out the SHP application form on behalf of the family who needs a bed or beds. When you click NO in answer to the question, “Are you applying for a bed for your children or dependents?” you will be redirected to provide your personal information. Once you have done so, you will be able to fill out the application form with the family’s personal details. When the application is received, the applicants themselves will be contacted by their local SHP Chapter, so be sure to include their up to date phone number or email. We appreciate your willingness to help a family in need by making a referral!
Selecting a Recipient
Once we receive an application, our selection committee will review it. Selecting a recipient isn’t done on a first-come, first-served basis—we make our decisions based on which children need beds the most.
We make and deliver beds as supplies and donations allow. When we’re out of beds or bedding, we file unselected applications away until we can make more. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that every applicant will get a bed.
If you are unable to fill out the online application, please contact your Chapter President.
Apply for a Free Bunk Bed For Your Kids
Sleep in Heavenly Peace is always eager to help families in need, particularly ones whose kids have uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. Unfortunately, we can only help families who are close to our active chapters.
Therefore, you must fit the following criteria to receive one of our bunk beds:
- Location: You must live near one of our active chapters. To find your local chapter, view our locations here.
- Living Environment: You must have an accessible house or apartment with a room large enough to fit one of our beds.
- Contact: We must be able to contact you via phone, text or email.
- Necessary Documents: You’ll need to fill out our online SHP Application Form. If your application is accepted, you’ll need to sign an Indemnification Release Form (you can do this when your bed arrives).
You can submit an application for a free bunk bed here: